Saturday, October 11, 2014

The Content Drop Experiment – A Letter from the Editor

3421079856_cd6a94e8a0




If you’ve been reading for the past few months, you might have noticed strange publishing style. I’ve been experimenting.

I wanted to see if there was a positive impact of publishing in bulk as opposed to publishing the standard daily post. From what I’ve seen, I’d venture to say it didn’t provide a positive impact, and that publishing on a daily or multi-daily schedule provides a better opportunity to reach community.


I didn’t think it would work out for the better, but I wanted to try something new so I gave it a whirl. It was fun and I came out with knowledge I didn’t have in the beginning. This type of experimentation is fading away as blogging becomes more mainstreamed for our community.


Never stop trying new things.


Push the limits and just see what happens.


If you’re not learning, you’re doing it wrong


One of the most important lessons about working had to do with learning. My grandpa told me that if I wasn’t learning from my job, then it was a waste of time and that I should find another. I’ve always tried to align myself with that approach, and I think it’s reflected here in a way.


If you’re not pushing yourself to learn something, then why are you doing what you’re doing?


Image







No comments: