Saturday, July 26, 2014

'Outlander' Writer Initially Thought Star Sam Heughan Was 'Grotesque'

Outlanderfixed
Feed-twFeed-fb

SAN DIEGO — Outlander star Sam Heughan drew massive screams from the crowd at a panel for the show on Friday at Comic Con, but during the casting process to find the perfect Jamie Fraser, author Diana Gabaldon's reaction to the actor was significantly different


"They sent me Sam's audition tapes and I was driving somewhere so I said,
I can't look at it until tonight.' But they'd given me his name and I was Googling him, looking up his IMDB photos saying, 'This man looks grotesque, what are you thinking?'" she said


His audition, however, proved that he was right for the part. "Five seconds in, I said, 'He's fine. He doesn't look anything like his photos.' He was gone and there was Jamie Fraser. I've never been so astonished in my life." (Later, a fan admitted that she, too, had the same reaction, "but he's going to be a great Jaime.") Read more...

More about Tv, Television, Comic Con, Starz, and Outlander
'Outlander' Writer Initially Thought Star Sam Heughan Was 'Grotesque'

No comments: